Peacock is a top-rated video streaming service in America that NBCUniversal Television and streaming owns. Peacock TV service is preinstalled and supported by the Vizio Smart TV models that came after 2016, but an additional step is required for models that came before this year.
You can stream Peacock TV on your Vizio smart TV by simply searching for the peacock TV application on the homepage of your smart tv, and pressing enter, if you have paid subscription then login into the application, and start streaming your favorite shows.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to stream peacock TV on Vizio smart TV that you can follow along. We have also covered alternate solutions if you find trouble streaming it directly from the home page so follow this guide.
Table of Contents
Watch Peacock TV on Vizio Smart TV models of 2016 & later:
If you bought a new Vizio Smart TV recently or have one already, worry not as we guide you through the easy steps on how to launch Peacock TV on your Smart TV:
1. Turn ON your Vizio Smart TV (models after 2016) and connect it to a fast-working Internet (Wi-Fi) connection.
2. Now press the V button on the Smart TV remote that came with the Vizio Smart TV and choose Vizio App Store.
3. In front of you will be an access bar that will have a few options on it like My Apps, latest, categories and All Apps, etc.
4. Select the “All Apps” section and figure out the “Peacock TV” Icon and open it by pressing OK on the remote.
5. An install App option will be available, which you can click to download the application on the Smart TV.
6. Once the application is installed, you can log in with your existing credentials or either sign up if you are a new user.
Here we go! Peacock TV is accessible with its huge variety of streaming videos content in just six simple steps. There was no special skill set or expertise required to do this, and it can be done by anyone.
Peacock TV for Vizio SmartCast TV (models 2016 and before):
Watching Peacock TV on Vizio SmartCast TV of older models. Though these models do not support downloadable application Installs, we have a simple solution for this.
The following steps guide will ensure that you have a seemingly smooth experience of watching Peacock TV.
- Download the Peacock TV App on your Smartphone. Android users can download from Play Store, whereas iOS users can download from App Store.
- Your smartphone and Vizio SmartCast TV should be connected to the same strong Internet connection.
- Log in or sign up to the Peacock TV application on the smartphone.
- Play the content on the Peacock TV application which you wish to.
- On the top right corner, you can see a cast icon which you can click to see a list of available devices to cast your smartphone.
- Check for “Vizio SmartCast TV” in the list and opt for that to stream the content from your smartphone to the Vizio SmartCast TV screen.
There you go! You have access to watch all your favorite content on a bigger and better screen experience on your Vizio SmartCast TV now.
But what if an iPhone or Mac user wants to screen mirror their content? Airplay is the answer to this.
Watch Peacock TV on Vizio SmartCast TV via Airplay:
- Enable the Airplay feature on your Vizio SmartCast TV by pressing the V button on the remote, then choosing Extras, and then selecting Apple Airplay.
- Turn on the Airplay button.
- Connect your iOS device and SmartCast TV to the same Wi-Fi connection, which has to be stronger.
- Swipe up to open the Control Centre of your iPhone and tap the screen mirroring option. Similarly, if you have a Mac, press the Airplay icon from the menu bar on your Mac.
- Both the Mac and iPhone will give a list of available devices for casting.
- Choose Vizio SmartCast TV from the list and open up your Peacock TV application on your iPhone and website on Mac.
- Log in or sign up with credentials to your Peacock TV application.
- Play the content which you like, and it will simultaneously mirror the smartphone screen to the Vizio SmartCast TV screen showing the content you want to watch.
Alternative ways to watch Peacock TV on Vizio SmartCast TV have never been this easy. A simple step guide makes you explore a world of unlimited content of your choice.
Peacock TV is the lowest cost subscription-based video streaming service available in America. It has three different plans available for its users.
- Free version
- Premium Plan
- Premium Plus Plan
The Free version is available in limited content and variety and is also ad-supported, which means users might have the hassle of watching ads along with their streaming video.
The Premium Plan is 4.99 $ per month but comes with unlimited content of shows, videos, movies, etc. available for its users. This plan is also accompanied by ads, however.
The Premium Plus Plan costs 9.99 $ per month and is one of the best choices users can make as it is ad-free and has a full library of different and variety-based content.
Both Premium Plan and Premium Plus plans are available via the TV service providers.
We have discussed the possible ways to watch and enjoy Peacock TV on Vizio Smart TV and Vizio SmartCast TV via different options available. All methods are user-friendly, easy, and convenient for a user and do not require special expertise and knowledge to follow.
Peacock TV has millions of users around the US, and they have access to all their favorite content just a click away. The low-cost subscription rates allow users to opt for this streaming service rather than other video streaming applications and services. You can be such a convenient user too!
What is Peacock?
It is a video streaming service having huge content for entertainment and leisure time passing. It is both subscription-based and has a free version as well.
How to watch Peacock TV on Vizio Smart TV?
Download and sign in or sign up for the Peacock TV application from the “My Apps” section of Vizio Smart TV and start watching your favorite content.
How to watch Peacock TV on Vizio SmartCast TV?
Screencast your smartphone screen to Vizio ScreenCast TV in the easy steps explained in the above article. This way, you can easily screencast the Peacock TV application to your Vizio SmartCast TV screen.
Another way is for iOS users only; they can screen mirror the Peacock application the same way to their Smart TV screen via a few steps listed in the above article.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.