1. Download the VLC app for your smartphone.
2. Open the VLC app, select the video you want to cast and tap the Chromecast icon.
3. Select the device you want to cast to.
1. Download and install the VLC media player on your PC.
2. Open the VLC media player, click the Tools menu and select “Preferences.”
3. In the Preferences window, select “All” under the Show settings drop-down menu.
4. Select “Chromecast” in the left-hand menu.
5. Select the Chromecast device you want to cast to. 6. Open the video file in VLC and click the Chromecast icon.
Table of Contents
How to Chromecast VLC to TV
1. Make sure your Chromecast device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
2. Open the VLC media player on your computer.
3. Click the “Media” menu and then select “Open Network Stream”.
4. Enter the URL of the video or audio file you want to stream to your Chromecast.
5. Click the “Play” button. 6. Click the “Tools” menu and then select “Preferences”.
7. Click the “All” tab in the Preferences window.
8. Enter “Chromecast” in the “Search” field.
9. Click the “Chromecast” option and then select the name of your Chromecast device.
10. Click “OK” to save the changes.
11. The video or audio will now stream to your Chromecast device.
How to Cast VLC to Chromecast TV from a PC
Download and install the latest version of the VLC media player. Connect your Chromecast TV to your PC using the supplied HDMI cable. Open the VLC media player and click on the “Media” option located at the top left corner of the screen. Select the “Open Network Stream” option from the list of options. Enter the URL of the media file you want to cast from the media window.
Click on the “Play” button located at the bottom right corner of the window. Click on the “Stream” option located at the top right corner of the media player window.
Select the “Chromecast” device from the list of available devices. Click on the “Settings” button to customize the video quality, audio quality and other settings. Click on the “Stream” button to start streaming the media file to your Chromecast TV.
How to Chromecast VLC using Mac or Windows PC
1. Make sure that both your Mac or Windows PC and the Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch VLC on your Mac or Windows PC.
3. Click the Playback tab located in the top menu bar.
4. Select Renderer from the drop-down menu.
5. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
6. Select the file you would like to cast and click Play.
7. The video should now begin playing on your Chromecast device.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.