Xiaomi Roborock is a powerful and efficient robotic vacuum cleaner that provides a comprehensive cleaning experience. It features a powerful motor, advanced mapping technology, and an easy-to-use mobile app.
However, you may find yourself needing to reset your Roborock from time to time due to various issues. In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to reset your Xiaomi Roborock vacuum cleaner.
Before You Begin Before you reset your Xiaomi Roborock vacuum cleaner, there are a few things you should know and do first. First, make sure your Roborock is plugged in and charged to at least 50%. This will ensure that the reset is successful. Second, make sure you have a backup of any important data and settings that you may have stored on your Roborock. This includes any saved maps, schedules, and settings.
Third, make sure you have an Internet connection. This will allow your Roborock to connect to the Roborock cloud and download any necessary software updates. Finally, make sure the dustbin is empty and the filter is clean. This will help ensure that the reset process is successful and that your vacuum is operating at peak efficiency.
Step-by-Step Guide to Resetting Your Xiaomi Roborock Now that you have taken the necessary steps to prepare for the reset, it’s time to get started. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to reset your Xiaomi Roborock vacuum cleaner.
Step 1: Turn off your Roborock. To do this, press and hold the power button for three seconds until the Roborock turns off.
Step 2: Remove the dustbin from the vacuum.
Step 3: Locate the reset button on the bottom of the vacuum. It will be a small button with the words “reset” written on it.
Step 4: Press and hold the reset button for five seconds.
Step 5: Release the reset button. The Roborock will automatically restart and begin the reset process.
Table of Contents
How To Do A Soft Reset Xiaomi Roborock
To do a soft reset on a Xiaomi roborock, press and hold down the power button on the top of the robot for 15 seconds. The robot will then restart and begin a new cleaning cycle. If this does not work, you can also try to reset the robot by removing the battery and then reconnecting it.
If you are still having trouble, you can try to reset the robot by connecting it to the Mi Home app and going to the settings menu. From there, you can reset the robot.
How To Factory Reset Xiaomi Roborock
1. Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
2. Select the “Factory Reset” option from the menu.
3. Confirm the Factory Reset.
4. The Roborock will now restart and the reset process will begin.
5. When the reset is complete, the Roborock will be reset to its factory settings.
How To Connect Xiaomi Roborock To The Wifi
1. First, make sure your Wi-Fi router is powered on and broadcasting.
2. Download and install the Mi Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
3. Open the Mi Home app and tap the “+” icon at the upper right corner of the home page.
4. Select “Mi Robot Vacuum” from the list of products and tap “Next”.
5. Tap “Connect Wi-Fi” to begin the setup process.
6. Find your Wi-Fi network in the list and enter your password.
7. Once the Xiaomi Roborock is connected to the Wi-Fi network, the app will display a confirmation message.
8. Finally, you can begin using your Xiaomi Roborock!
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.