1. Go to the Home screen.
2. Select the settings gear icon.
3. Choose “System” and then “Console Info & Updates”.
4. On the Console Info & Updates screen, select “Reset Console”.
5. Choose “Reset and Remove Everything”.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the factory reset.
7. Wait for the console to finish resetting.
8. When the console has finished resetting, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Xbox One X.
Table of Contents
how to restart Xbox One X
1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. This will turn off the console completely.
2. Once the console is off, press the Xbox button again to restart the console.
3. You can also use the Xbox One controller to restart the console. Press and hold the Xbox button for about 10 seconds and then press the menu button to restart the console.
4. If you are having trouble restarting the console, unplug the power cord from the back of the console and then plug it back in. This will restart the console automatically.
Xbox One X factory reset USB
There is no official way to factory reset an Xbox One X using a USB drive. The only way to reset an Xbox One X is to use the console’s built-in reset feature. To do this:
1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the guide.
2. Scroll left to open the menu.
3. Select Settings.
4. Select System.
5. Select Console info & Updates.
6. Select Reset Console.
7. Select Reset and keep my games & apps.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
For more detailed instructions, please refer to the official Xbox support website.
How to reset an Xbox one S controller
1. Turn off your Xbox One S Console.
2. Press and hold the Xbox button on the controller for about 15 seconds.
3. The controller will then start to vibrate and flash.
4. Release the Xbox button and your controller will now be reset.
5. If the controller is still not working, you may need to re-sync the controller to the console by pressing and holding the sync button on the top of the controller for 3 seconds.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.