1. On your Xbox One console, press and hold the Xbox button in the centre of the controller to open the Power Center.
2. Select Restart console.
3. Select Yes to confirm you want to restart the console.
4. Once the console has restarted, press the Xbox button again to open the Power Center.
5. Select Reset console.
6. Select Reset and keep my games & apps.
7. Enter your password if prompted.
8. Select Reset.
9. Wait for the console to reset. This process may take a few minutes.
10. When the reset is finished, you’ll be prompted to set up your console as if you’re setting it up for the first time. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Table of Contents
how to restart Xbox One X
1. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for about 10 seconds until it completely shuts down.
2. Once the console is off, press the Xbox button again to restart.
3. You can also restart your Xbox One X by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until the console turns off.
4. Once the console is off, press the power button again to start the console.
5. If the console doesn’t restart after following these steps, then you may need to unplug the power cord from the back of the console and plug it back in.
to restart Xbox One X from the menu
From the Home screen, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide. Select System > Settings > Power & startup > Power mode & startup > Restart now. This will restart your Xbox One X. Alternatively, you can use the voice command “Hey Cortana, restart my Xbox” to restart the console.
how to factory reset Xbox One X
1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until the console shuts down completely.
2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console.
3. Wait at least 30 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back in and turn the console on.
5. On the Home screen, push the Menu button and select Settings.
6. Select System.
7. Select Console info.
8. Select Reset console.
9. Select Reset and keep my games & apps.
10. Select Reset.
11. The console will restart and begin the factory reset process.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.