1. Remove the battery cover and battery from the back of the device.
2. Press and hold the Alt + Right Shift + Delete keys simultaneously. ‘
3. Release the keys when the reset screen appears.
4. Press the trackball to select the “Yes” option.
5. The device will begin the reset process and display a spinning clock icon.
6. Wait for the reset to finish before re-inserting the battery and turning on the device.
7. When prompted, enter the device’s lock code to complete the reset process.
hard reset blackberry 8700c by menu
1. From the Home screen, select Options.
2. Scroll to and select Security Options.
3. Scroll to and select General Settings.
4. Scroll to and select Menu.
5. Scroll to and select Wipe Handheld.
6. Enter the BlackBerry device password.
7. Highlight Wipe Handheld and press the trackwheel or trackball.
8. Select Yes to confirm the wipe.
9. Wait for the process to complete.
how to soft reset blackberry 8700c by button combination
To soft reset a BlackBerry 8700c, press and hold the Alt + Right Shift + Delete keys simultaneously. This will reset your device without deleting any data. Be sure to back up your data before performing a soft reset. If your BlackBerry 8700c is frozen, you can also perform a battery pull to reset it.
To do this, remove the battery from the device and wait for about 10 seconds before reinserting it. You can also use the BlackBerry Desktop Software to reset your device if needed.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.