1. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button, and then press and hold the Power button until you see the Motorola logo.
3. When the logo appears, release the Power and Volume Down buttons.
4. Use the Volume Down button to scroll to Recovery Mode and press the Power button to select it.
5. When the Android logo appears, press and hold both the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for about 10 seconds.
6. You will see an Android robot with a red exclamation point.
7. While still holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons, press the Power button.
8. Use the Volume Down button to scroll to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and press the Power button to select it.
9. Use the Volume Down button to scroll to Yes – Erase all user data and press the Power button to select it.
10. When the reset is complete, use the Volume Down button to scroll to Reboot system now and press the Power button to select it.
Table of Contents
how to restart your moto G51
To restart your Moto G51, press and hold the power button until you see the power menu. From there, tap Restart and then tap OK to confirm you want to reboot your device. Your device will then restart.
If your device is unresponsive or frozen and you can’t access the Power menu, you can force a restart by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time for up to 10 seconds. Your device will then restart.
how to do a factory reset moto G51 with menu
1. From the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen twice to open the Quick Settings/notification panel.
2. Tap the cog icon (top-right) to access Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap System.
4. Tap Advanced.
5. Tap Reset Options.
6. Tap Erase all data (factory reset).
7. Tap Reset Phone.
8. If prompted, enter your PIN, pattern, or password.
9. Tap Continue.
10. Tap Delete All.
11. Your device will now reset and reboot.
hard reset moto G51 with a combination of buttons
To perform a hard reset on the Moto G51, you will need to press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together for at least 10 seconds until the Moto logo appears. Then release the buttons, and your phone will boot into recovery mode. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate the menu, then select “Wipe data/factory reset” and press the Power button to select it. Finally, select “Yes” and press the Power button again to confirm the reset. Your phone will then reboot and start the reset process.
If this does not work, you may need to perform a full factory reset. To do this, go to Settings > System > Reset Options > Erase all data (factory reset).
what to do if resetting Motorola G51 doesn’t work
If resetting the Motorola G51 does not work, then you may need to try performing a factory reset. To do this, first, turn off the device and press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Once the Motorola logo appears, release the buttons and press the Volume Down button until the Recovery Mode menu appears.
Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and then press the Power button to select it. Once the process is complete, select Reboot System Now and press the Power button. If this does not work, then you may need to contact Motorola for further assistance.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.