1. Add Channels from the Roku Channel Store: The quickest and easiest way to add channels to your Roku is to visit the Roku Channel Store and browse or search for the channels you would like to add. Once you find the channel you want, simply select it, click “Add Channel” and follow the on-screen instructions.
2. Add Channels with a Direct Channel Code: Another way to add channels to your Roku is to use the channel’s direct channel code. You can find the channel code on the channel’s website or within the channel’s app. Once you have the code, select “Add Channel with a Code” from the Roku home screen and enter the code.
3. Add Channels from Your Mobile Device: You can also add channels to your Roku from your mobile device. Download the Roku app from the App Store or Google Play and open it. Select the “Streaming Channels” tab, browse or search for the channels you want, and then select “Add Channel”.
Table of Contents
Ways to Add Channels to Roku
1. Use the Roku Channel Store: The Roku Channel Store is a library of thousands of channels that you can access on your Roku device. It is the easiest way to add new channels to your Roku.
2. Download and install a private or non-certified channel: There are hundreds of private or non-certified Roku channels that you can access through third-party websites. You can download and install these channels on your devices without going through the Roku Channel Store.
3. Add a channel using a code: You can add certain channels to your Roku device using a code. This code can be found on the channel’s website or within the channel’s app.
4. Cast from a mobile device: If you have a compatible mobile device, you can cast content from your device to your Roku device. This is a great way to access channels that are not available on the Roku Channel Store.
How to Add Channels on Roku using Roku Channel Store
1. From the home screen of your Roku device, select Streaming Channels.
2. Find the channel you’d like to add and select it.
3. Select Add Channel.
4. Select OK when you see the pop-up that says you’re about to add a channel.
5. Wait for the channel to download and install.
6. Select Go To Channel when prompted.
7. You’re all set! Enjoy your new channel.
How to Add Channels on Roku using the Roku App
1. Download the Roku app to your smartphone or tablet.
2. Open the Roku app, and sign into your account.
3. Select your Roku device from the list.
4. Select the “Channel Store” option.
5. Browse or search for the channel you would like to add.
6. Select the channel, and click “Add Channel”.
7. The channel will then be added to your Roku device.
8. You can now select the channel from your Roku home screen.
How to Add Channels on Roku using Web Browser
1. Connect your Roku streaming device to your television and make sure it is turned on.
2. On your computer or mobile device, open a web browser and go to https://my.roku.com.
3. Log in to your Roku account. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one.
4. Click on the “Streaming Channels” section.
5. Browse through the list of available channels or search for specific ones by using the search bar.
6. Once you find the channel you want, click the “Add Channel” button.
7. You will be taken back to the Roku home screen. The channel will now appear in your list of installed channels.
8. Select the channel from the list to open it.
9. Follow any on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
10. Enjoy your new channel!
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.