1. Turn Off Apple TV With Remote a. Press and hold the Menu and Home buttons on your Apple TV remote simultaneously for 6 seconds. The LED light on your remote should start flashing. b. Release the buttons when the LED light flashes three times. Your Apple TV will turn off.
2. Turn Off Apple TV Without Remote a. On your Apple TV, press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds. The LED light on your device should start flashing. b. Release the buttons when the LED light flashes three times. Your Apple TV will turn off.
Note: If you have an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, you can also turn off your device by going to Settings > System > Shut Down.
Table of Contents
Turn Off Apple TV
To turn off an Apple TV, press and hold the Menu and Home (or Play/Pause) buttons on your Apple TV remote for at least 6 seconds. Your Apple TV will then turn off. If you are unable to turn off your Apple TV via the remote, you can unplug the power cord from the back of the Apple TV.
If you are using an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, you can also go to Settings > System > Shut Down to turn off your device.
How to Turn off Apple TV with a Remote
To turn off your Apple TV with the remote, press and hold the Home button on the Apple TV remote until you see the power icon, then select Sleep.
You can also press and hold the Play/Pause button for 5 seconds to enter Sleep mode. You can also turn off your Apple TV by unplugging it from the power source.
How to Turn off Apple TV from Settings
1. On your Apple TV, open the Settings app.
2. Select the System option.
3. Select the Sleep Now option.
4. Select the Sleep Now option again to confirm.
Your Apple TV will now turn off. To turn it back on, press and hold the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV remote. If you want to put your Apple TV into sleep mode, instead of turning it off, select the Sleep After option in Step 3 and choose how long you want it to stay on.
How to Turn off Apple TV by Unplugging the Power Source
To turn off your Apple TV by unplugging the power source, simply locate the power cord connected to the back of the device and unplug it from the electrical outlet. This will shut down the device completely, and you will need to reconnect the power cord if you wish to turn the device back on.
Be sure to power off the Apple TV using the remote before you unplug the power source, as this will help prevent any data loss or corruption. Once the device is unplugged, it is completely shut off and no longer has a connection to any other devices or services.
How Does Sleep Mode work on Apple TV?
When you enable Sleep Mode on your Apple TV, the device will automatically turn off after a certain period of inactivity. This feature helps to conserve energy and extend the life of your device.
The length of time before the device goes into Sleep Mode can be set in the Settings menu. Once enabled, the Apple TV will automatically go into Sleep Mode after the preset time has elapsed. To wake up the device, you can either press any button on the Apple TV remote, or use your iPhone or iPad to wake it up.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.