1. Press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds until the device powers off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together until the Motorola logo appears.
3. Use the volume buttons to navigate to Recovery and press the Power button to select it.
4. Press the Volume Down button to select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and press the Power button.
5. Use the Volume buttons to select “Yes – Erase all user data” and press the Power button to confirm.
6. Your device will now reset and restart.
Table of Contents
how to restart your moto X40
1. Press and hold the Power button until the Power menu appears.
2. Tap the Restart option.
3. Confirm by tapping Restart.
4. Your phone will now restart.
how to do a factory reset moto X40 with the menu
1. Power off your Moto X4
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time.
3. Release the buttons when the boot logo appears.
4. Use the Volume Down button to select “Recovery Mode” and press the Power button to confirm.
5. You will see a dead Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
6. Press and hold the Power button and press the Volume Up button once.
7. Use the Volume Down button to select “Wipe data/factory reset” and press the Power button to confirm.
8. Select “Yes – erase all user data” and press the Power button to confirm.
9. Wait until the reset process completes.
10. Select “Reboot system now” and press the Power button to restart your Moto X4.
hard reset moto X40 with a combination of buttons
To perform a hard reset on a Moto X40, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. The phone will then reset itself and boot up with the default settings. If this doesn’t work, try pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
If you still can’t reset your phone, then a factory reset may be necessary. To do this, go to Settings > System > Reset Options > Factory Data Reset. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.