Unfortunately, AirPlay is not compatible with Amazon Firestick. However, there are other ways to stream content from your Apple device to your Amazon Firestick, such as mirroring your display using an Apple TV, a third-party app like LocalCast or AllCast, or an HDMI cable.
For more information, please refer to the Amazon Firestick Help Center.
Table of Contents
Is AirPlay Mirroring supported on Firestick?
No, AirPlay Mirroring is not supported on Firestick.
How to AirPlay to Firestick
1. Make sure your Firestick and the device you want to AirPlay from are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch the Amazon Fire TV app and select the “Settings” menu on your Firestick.
3. Select the “Display & Sounds” option and then select “Enable Display Mirroring”.
4. On your device, locate the AirPlay icon and select it.
5. Select the Firestick from the list of available devices.
6. Your device’s screen should now be mirrored on the Firestick.
7. To stop mirroring, go back to the “Display & Sounds” section of the Fire TV app and select “Disable Display Mirroring”.
8. You can now start streaming content from the device to the Firestick.
How to Install AirScreen on Amazon Firestick
1. On your Amazon Firestick, navigate to the Apps section, which can be found in the main menu.
2. Select the Search option and type in AirScreen.
3. Select the AirScreen app from the list of results, and then select the Download or Get button.
4. Once the download is complete, launch the AirScreen app by selecting the Open button.
5. You will now be prompted to enter a device name, which can be anything you like.
6. Once you have entered a device name, the AirScreen app will automatically search for devices.
7. Select the device you wish to connect to and then enter the password if required.
8. You will now be connected to the AirScreen app and can start streaming content. Enjoy!
Alternative Method – Install AirScreen on Firestick
1. Open your Firestick device and click on the Search icon at the top left corner.
2. Type in AirScreen and select the same from the list of suggestions.
3. Click on the AirScreen app icon.
4. On the next screen, click on Get or Download button to download and install AirScreen on your Firestick device.
5. Wait for the download and installation process to complete. 6. Once the installation is finished, you can open the AirScreen app by clicking on the Open button.
7. Now you can follow the on-screen instructions to set up AirScreen and start streaming content from your smartphone or tablet to your Firestick device.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.