1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy M40.
2. Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons together until the recovery mode menu appears.
3. Using the Volume keys, navigate to Wipe data/factory reset and press the Power button to select it.
4. Select Yes — delete all user data and press the Power button.
5. Select Reboot system now and press the Power button to confirm.
6. Your Samsung Galaxy M40 will now restart and will take a few minutes to boot up.
how to factory reset Samsung M40 by using the menu
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap General Management.
3. Tap Reset.
4. Tap Factory Data Reset.
5. Tap Reset Device.
6. Tap Delete All.
7. Confirm you understand the consequences by tapping Delete All.
8. Your Samsung M40 will begin the factory reset process.
how to hard reset Samsung M40 by using buttons
1. Firstly, power off the Samsung M40.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up, Power, and Home buttons simultaneously.
3. Release the buttons when the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
4. Then, you will be taken to the Android System Recovery menu.
5. Use the Volume Down button to navigate to the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and then press the Power button to select it.
6. After that, select the Yes option to confirm the reset process and then press the Power button to select it.
7. Finally, select the Reboot system now option and then press the Power button to select it. Your Samsung M40 will now be reset to its factory settings.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.