1. Power off your Motorola Z4
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button simultaneously.
3. Release the buttons when the Recovery Mode screen appears.
4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and press the Power button to select it.
5. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate to “Yes—Delete All User Data” and press the Power button to select it.
6. Wait for the reset to complete.
7. Once the reset is completed, use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate to “Reboot System Now” and press the Power button to select it.
Table of Contents
How to restart your Z4
1. Turn off the ignition.
2. Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery terminal.
3. Wait for 10 minutes before reconnecting the terminal.
4. Turn on the ignition and start the engine.
5. Check all systems are working properly.
6. Drive the vehicle for a few minutes and check for any signs of trouble.
how to do a factory reset moto Z4 with the menu
1. Power off your device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until you see the bootloader menu.
3. Use the volume keys to scroll down to Recovery Mode and press the Power button to select it.
4. You should now see an Android with a red exclamation mark.
5. Press and hold the Power button and then press the Volume Up button once.
6. Use the volume keys to scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset” and press the Power button to select it.
7. Scroll down to “Yes – erase all user data” and press the Power button to select it.
8. Your device will now begin the factory reset process. Once it is finished, select “Reboot system now”.
hard reset moto Z4 with a combination of buttons
To perform a hard reset on a Moto Z4, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons for 10 seconds. The device will reboot and you will be presented with the boot menu. Select the option to wipe the cache partition and then select the option to reboot the device. If the above steps do not work, you may need to perform a factory reset. To do this, go to the Settings menu and scroll down to the System section.
Select Reset options and then select Erase all data (factory reset). Before performing the factory reset, make sure to back up all data on the device.
how to do if resetting Motorola Z4 doesn’t work
If resetting the Motorola Z4 does not work, you should try a few other troubleshooting steps.
1. Check the phone’s battery. Make sure the battery is fully charged and properly connected. If the battery is not charged or connected, charge it for at least 30 minutes before attempting to reset the phone again.
2. Perform a factory reset. This will restore the phone to its original settings and delete all data on the device. To do this, go to the Settings menu, select System and then Reset Options, and then select Factory Data Reset.
3. Check for software updates. Make sure the phone is running the latest version of its operating system. To do this, go to the Settings menu, select System and then System Updates.
4. Contact customer service. If the above steps do not work, contact Motorola’s customer service. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue or suggest a solution.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.