1. Turn off your Motorola M series device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time.
3. When the Motorola logo appears, release the Power button and press it again.
4. When the Android Recovery menu appears, use the Volume Down button to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press the Power button to select it.
5. Scroll to “Yes – erase all user data” and press the Power button to select it.
6. Wait for the reset process to complete.
7. When it is finished, select “reboot system now”.
8. Your Motorola M series device should now be reset to its factory settings.
Table of Contents
how to force restart your moto M series
You can force restart your Moto M series device by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons together for 10 seconds or until the device restarts. If the device does not respond to the above method, try removing and reinserting the battery. Once the battery is reinserted, press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
how to do a factory reset moto M series with a menu
1. Open the Settings menu on your Moto M.
2. Scroll down and tap Backup & Reset.
3. Tap Factory Data Reset.
4. Tap Reset Phone.
5. Tap Erase Everything.
6. Your Moto M will now begin the factory reset process.
hard reset moto M series with a combination of buttons
Power off the device and press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time until the Motorola logo appears on the screen. Release the buttons and press Volume Down twice to highlight Recovery Mode then press the Power button to select it. The Android Recovery screen will appear. Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe data/factory reset and press the Power button to select it.
On the next screen use Volume Down to highlight Yes – erase all user data and press Power to select it. The reset will begin and once it is finished, use the Volume Down key to highlight Reboot system now and press Power to restart the device.
what to do if resetting the Motorola M series doesn’t work
If resetting the Motorola M series does not work, then you should try troubleshooting the device. There are several steps that you can take to try and troubleshoot the issue.
1. Check the connection: Make sure that the device is connected to the internet and that all cables are plugged in properly.
2. Check the settings: Check to make sure that the settings on the device are correct and that the device is properly configured.
3. Update the software: Make sure that the device is running the latest version of the software. You can usually find out the latest version of the software by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
4. Factory reset: If all else fails, you can try performing a factory reset on the device, which will reset the device to its original settings.
5. Contact the manufacturer: If all else fails, you may need to contact the manufacturer of the device to get assistance with troubleshooting the issue.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.