To perform a hard reset on your Motorola G31, start by powering off the device. Then press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys together for 10 seconds until you see the Motorola logo. From there, use the Volume Down key to select “Recovery Mode” and press the Power key to select it. You should now see an Android logo with a red triangle. Press and hold the Power key and then press the Volume Up key once.
This will open the “Android System Recovery” menu. Use the Volume Down key to navigate to “wipe data/factory reset” and press the Power key to select it. Then use the Volume Down key to select “Yes — delete all user data” and press the Power key to select it.
The device will now reset and reboot. When it is finished, you will be taken to the initial setup screen.
Table of Contents
How to restart your moto G31
1. Press and hold the power button until the power menu appears.
2. Select “Restart” from the menu.
3. Confirm that you want to restart your device.
4. Your device will begin to restart.
5. Once the restart is complete, your device will be ready to use.
How to do a factory reset moto G31 with menu
1. From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Scroll down and select Backup & reset.
4. Tap Factory data reset.
5. Read the information on the screen and tap Reset phone.
6. If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
7. Tap Erase everything to confirm your action.
8. Your Moto G31 will restart and begin the factory data reset process.
hard reset moto G31 with a combination of buttons
To factory reset a Moto G31: 1. Turn off your phone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time.
3. Release both buttons when the bootloader screen appears.
4. Use the Volume Down button to scroll to and highlight the “Recovery Mode” option.
5. Press the Power button to select the “Recovery Mode” option.
6. Use the Volume Down button to scroll to and highlight the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option.
7. Press the Power button to select the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option.
8. Use the Volume Down button to scroll to and highlight the “Yes — delete all user data” option.
9. Press the Power button to select the “Yes — delete all user data” option.
10. When the reset is complete, press the Power button to select the “Reboot System Now” option
how to do if resetting Motorola G31 doesn’t work
If resetting your Motorola G31 doesn’t work, you may need to try a few other steps. First, try booting into recovery mode and wiping the cache partition. If that doesn’t work, you may need to try restoring the device to its factory settings. If that still doesn’t work, you may need to contact Motorola customer service for further assistance.
Other options include trying to manually flash new firmware onto the device or removing the battery and SIM card and waiting a few minutes before reinserting them. Finally, you may want to consider taking the device to a certified technician or repair shop.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.