1. Turn off your Blackberry Torch 9860.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Volume Down key at the same time.
3. While continuing to hold the Volume Up key and the Volume Down key, press and hold the Power button.
4. When the Blackberry logo appears, release the Power button but continue to hold the Volume Up key and the Volume Down key.
5. When the “JVM Error 545” appears, release both keys.
6. Press the Volume Down key repeatedly until the “Wipe Handheld” option is selected.
7. Press the Menu key.
8. Select the “Yes — Delete all user data” option.
9. When prompted, press the Menu key.
10. When the wiping process has finished, select the “Reboot System Now” option.
11. Your Blackberry Torch 9860 will now restart and the hard reset is complete.
hard reset blackberry torch 9860 by menu
1. On the Home screen, press the Menu key.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Security and Privacy.
4. Select Security Wipe.
5. Enter your Blackberry password if prompted.
6. Select the data you want to remove.
7. Press the Menu key and select Wipe data.
8. When prompted, select Yes.
9. When the process is complete, select Close.
10. Press the Menu key and select Reboot.
11. When complete, the device will restart.
how to soft reset blackberry torch 9860 by button combination
To perform a soft reset on a BlackBerry Torch 9860, press and hold the Power/Lock button and the Volume Up button at the same time for approximately 10 seconds. The device will restart automatically. If this does not work, you can also try removing the battery and reinserting it. If the soft reset does not work, you may need to perform a hard reset, which will delete all of the data on the device.
To do this, press and hold the Power/Lock button and the Volume Down button at the same time for approximately 10 seconds. The device will restart automatically.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.