To perform a hard reset on your BlackBerry Curve 8980:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Reinsert the battery.
4. Hold the Escape (ESC) key and press the Power button.
5. When the phone powers on, release the Escape key.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the hard reset.
hard reset blackberry curve 8980 by menu
1. Go to the main screen of your Blackberry Curve 8980.
2. Click on the Options icon.
3. Scroll down to the Security icon and select it.
4. Scroll down to the Security Wipe option and select it.
5. Enter the word “blackberry” in the text field provided.
6. Click the “Wipe Data” button to initiate the hard reset.
7. Wait for the hard reset to finish.
Once the hard reset is done, your Blackberry Curve 8980 has been reset to factory default settings.
how to soft reset blackberry curve 8980 by button combination
To soft reset your Blackberry Curve 8980, press and hold the following buttons together for 10 seconds: Alt + Right Shift + Delete. This will restart your device without erasing any of your data.
If this does not work, you may need to perform a hard reset. To do this, press and hold the following buttons together for 10 seconds: Alt + Right Shift + Backspace. This will reset your device to factory settings and delete all your data.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.