To perform a hard reset on a BlackBerry Curve 8530, perform the following steps:
1. Remove the battery from the back of the device for about 10 seconds.
2. Re-insert the battery into the device.
3. Press and hold the “Alt” key, the “Right Shift” key and the “Delete” key at the same time.
4. Release the keys when the device turns on and the BlackBerry logo appears.
5. Select “Yes” to confirm the hard reset.
6. Wait for the process to finish. The device will then reboot and will be reset to its factory settings.
hard reset blackberry curve 8530 by menu
1. From your device’s home screen, select the Options icon.
2. Select Security Options.
3. Select General Settings.
4. Select Menu and then select Wipe Handheld.
5. Type blackberry and press the Enter key.
6. Select Wipe Data.
7. Select Yes to confirm the wipe and reset your BlackBerry Curve 8530 to its factory settings.
how to soft reset the blackberry curve 8530 by button combination
To soft reset a BlackBerry Curve 8530, press and hold the following keys simultaneously: Alt + Right Shift + Delete. Keep the keys held down until the BlackBerry logo appears, then release. This will perform a soft reset on the device, which is the equivalent of rebooting the device. It will not remove any data from the device.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.