To perform a hard reset on your BlackBerry 7730:
1. Remove the battery cover and battery.
2. Reinsert the battery and leave the battery cover off.
3. Hold down the Escape key and press the Reset button (located on the left side of the device) with a paperclip or similar object.
4. When the screen changes, release the Escape key.
5. When the device has finished resetting, press the Escape key again.
6. Replace the battery cover.
hard reset blackberry 7730 by menu
1. From the Home Screen, press the Menu key.
2. Scroll to and select Options.
3. Scroll to and select Security Options.
4. Scroll to and select General Settings.
5. Select the Menu key again.
6. Scroll to and select Wipe Handheld.
7. Select the Menu key again.
8. Scroll to and select Wipe Now.
9. Enter the BlackBerry Device Password if prompted.
10. Select Wipe Now.
11. Press the Escape key twice when prompted.
12. Your device will now perform a hard reset.
how to soft reset blackberry 7730 by button combination
To soft reset a BlackBerry 7730, press and hold the Power and Escape buttons for about 10 seconds. The device should restart automatically.
If the above solution does not work, you may need to perform a hard reset by removing the battery and holding the power button for 30 seconds. Note: Performing a hard reset will delete all data from the device.
Shah Wajahat is a Computer Science grad and a Cisco CCNA certified Professional with 3+ years of experience in the Tech & software industry. Shah loves helping people with tech by explaining to layman audience technical queries in an easier way.